Thursday, January 10, 2013

Raw chocolate...

I won the most amazing prize a little while ago...
encouraged by my awesomely beautiful raw friend to enter the competition...
once you watch these you certainly want to make some changes...
Well as always I start with the yummy... delicious... treat... type recipes...
 Raw chocolate...

and the best thing..it IS actually good for me...

You will need:
200g Cacao Paste
100g Cacao Butter
1/4 cup agave nectar
seeds of 1 vanilla pod  (I left this out, did not have any!)

Melt the cacao paste and cacao butter in a double boiler - I just placed them both in a bowl and then placed that boil in a bowl of hot water - not boiling!
This is a slow process as you must not 'cook' the cacao...but it is relaxing and lovely to watch...
Once liquid, place in a blender and blend a short while with the agave and vanilla...the book says you can also do this by hand if you do not have a blender.

Pour the chocolate into moulds and allow to set in the fridge.
Now there is a whole science that goes along with Raw...I am new to this, so am following the experts advice...we added some goji berries and mixed, chopped nuts to our chocolate for added nutrition.

 I am so enjoying having a container of healthy chocolate in the fridge...

If you want to know more take a look at their website or if you are in Cape Town visit their shop.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment